Wednesday, February 27, 2013

letting go


Have you ever felt the pain of letting go?

This morning, after days of deliberation in my mind, I finally gave in to an advice from a friend - he being a consultant on plants. Fruit trees in our backyard stand so close to each other. Some have to be sacrificed.

The creaking sound of each trunk as it surrendered, helplessly, to the sharpness of the ax summoned memories I have long buried - the agonizing pain of eternal separation. I really felt sad as I watched the trunks slowly fall to the ground. Having been there for years, giving me the needed shade when I walk around at midday, I surely will miss them. But the thought of seeing the remaining trees glow with life dispelled every bit of reluctance.

Goodbye pomelo! Goodbye jackfruit! Goodbye calamansi! The space that used to be your dominion is now a void. Your twins are here to stay and they are now starting to rejoice. The leaves are smiling as they see the rays of the sun coming through. I can almost hear their laughter.






my heart bleeds a bit
as fruit trees come falling down
such sweet sacrifice


oo0oo


letting go of few
 other trees can burst with life
the heart is consoled


oo0oo


fruit trees left standing
don't miss their neighbors now gone
the sun they can claim


oo0oo


No comments:

Post a Comment