Saturday, March 23, 2013

Dreams, dreams, dreams. Who is not fascinated by dreams? After all, no one can deny that we do spend a good amount of time in the dreaming state on most nights when we sleep.

Since recorded history many theories have been proposed as to why dreams exist. However, it seems no consensus has ever been reached yet. To my simple thinking, I guess the answer to it is colored by whatever frame of mind one views it - psychoanalytical, medical, spiritual, or it could perhaps be from a literary point of view.

Freud wrote in a book that dreams are disguised fulfillments of repressed wishes. Whether you agree with him or not is none of my concern. Maybe true in some instances but definitely not in many others. One fact remains beyond argument - that  dreams are oftentimes not remembered with clarity. Lucky for those who can, if the dream is filled with joyful emotions. But, lucky still for those who can't, if the dream is filled with frightening imagery. 

Prolonging a beautiful dream is something I wish I can do. Having it interrupted by an external stimuli, much more ruptured or prematurely ended and eventually forgotten,  is so frustrating. It can even be maddening!






 early morning rain
 drowns my beautiful dream
 not a scene remains


oo0oo


the rain wakes me up
with its spatter on rooftops
 dream whispers goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment