Tuesday, March 19, 2013

When I saw this picture of three lovely gumamela flowers, I couldn't help seeing myself in it with my two sisters - one elder and the other younger. It brought back sweet memories of good times we spent together during our childhood  years. Along with this reminiscence came the memory of our beloved mom.  How she showered us with pretty clothes she herself designed and sewed on her old sewing machine.

Up to this day my mom's instruction remains vivid in my mind. Before we were allowed to wear a new dress to school we had to wear it to church first. Why, we never dared or cared to ask. How we wanted to show off each new dress to school. But, obedient children we were, we simply followed her without complain. After all,  a mother should know better than her young daughters. It was much later that I got to understand her. She must have regarded it as a dedication of her labor of love to the Lord. 

Thank you mom for all the love and the memories!






beautiful sisters
display their lovely dresses
hawaiian party


oo0oo


skirts so colorful
remind me of my childhood
mom and my sisters


oo0oo

2 comments:

  1. lovely! i like the way the light falls softly on the petals...just enough to bring out their true colors.

    so you're a photographer as well...hmmm..

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry but i didn't take the shot. i just saw the pic posted by my niece on fb and took the freedom of using it here in haiku lanes. but thanks anyway!

    ReplyDelete