Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A beautiful sight greeted me this morning upon getting up from bed. Across my bedroom window, perched on a gumamela twig was a bird. Directly below was a flower smiling sweet as the rays of the sun came through.

The wind blew and the twig merrily moved up and down.  The bird stayed perched on the twig happily chirping and seemingly enjoying the ride. In less than a minute the bird flew away to a place my eyes could not anymore follow. Such fleeting joy but it sure was a lovely start of my day.





across my window
a twig moving up and down
bird on a joy ride


oo0oo


yellow-breasted bird
sends me a cheerful greeting
lovely day ahead


3 comments:

  1. this
    beauty:
    simple.
    understated. I
    LOVE
    this
    post.
    how a
    haiku
    should
    be.
    P.S.
    need i say
    I love
    the prose
    too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a pleasant day ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my eyes sparkle with delight as i read your comment. am greatly flattered that you love this post. the elements of haiku you did find.

    what can i say in return? my heart says thank you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete