Tuesday, June 4, 2013

One late afternoon  at Novotel Ploenchit my sponsor friend suggested  snacks before we go out. Shown the attractive choices on the menu card, I gladly settled for a slice of black forest cake. For one thing, I wanted to satisfy my curiosity on how delicious it would compare to the rest I've savored in the past - Goldilocks, Red Ribbon, or where else.

The moment of truth came when the plate was delivered to our table. Wow! My eyes opened wide in  great delight at the artistic presentation. Curly strips of dark chocolate surrounding an icing-like mixture topped with a luscious red cherry. And for added effect, a tapering ribbon-like chocolate strip, with rows of flower designs on one side, winding its way upward. All these as toppings of the main cake. 

Such a mouth-watering sight before me! Nothing remained on the plate for I consumed everything to the last bit.  The best black forest cake I've ever tasted in my whole life! 






the rain still falling
a mouth-watering plate
taste buds' great delight


oo0oo


pleasant crunchy sound
as choco topping crumbles
inside my sweet mouth


No comments:

Post a Comment