Friday, June 14, 2013

We are now in the middle of June and, with the rains falling more frequently, I can declare that summertime is indeed over. Time for plants to celebrate!

Waking up in the middle of the night, hearing the sound of raindrops falling on rooftops is such pleasant  music to my ears. Much as I want to savor the sound for long, its rhythm easily lulls me back to sleep. Even during mid morning rains,  the temptation to steal a few minutes of sleep is oftentimes irresistible. Well, no cause for worry. Yielding to this kind of temptation, I firmly believe, can never ever be a sin. 






cute little rivers 
running along rooftop grooves
 wednesday morning rain


oo0oo



the spattering sound
of rain falling on rooftops
pulls me back to bed


oo0oo


rooftops come alive

with the dancing of raindrops
music finds its voice


2 comments:

  1. and
    the poet
    finds hers
    once
    more...

    welcome back to blogland!

    little rivers! hmmm.. love that..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you imagine the little rivers in my haiku? thanks for loving that part. one rainy day i'll show you those little rivers.

      and thanks for the drawing!

      Delete