Saturday, February 1, 2014

Today marks the first anniversary of this blog. Hesitant at the start, I never thought it would survive this long. Although there were periods of hibernation, times when my spinning wheel refused to work, it's enough inspiration to see that this blog is still getting pagewiews. 

Considering this day to be special, I would like to celebrate it by sharing a snapshot story in haiku.






a night with the moon 


after evening walk
at the front lawn i linger
 the moon to savor 

looking up i see 
an island across the sky 
gray clouds surround it

slowly brightening
 eastern part of horizon
 golden moon appears

peeping through the trees
 bright full moon slowly ascends
past the blocking trees

it goes up in time
shining bright in all splendor
someone else watching

the gray clouds before
now so illuminated
i watch in great awe

the clouds drift away
from the moon shining so bright
shy they have become

magnificent moon
my heart's beatings you can't hear
nor my soul's yearnings

wish i could see you
smile down at me every night
and just defy law

"be content dear one
with my periodic presence"
the moon speaks to me

with no words spoken
me and the moon conversing
just thoughts...random thoughts

air is getting cold
soaked in your presence i go
dear moonlight thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment