Tuesday, May 27, 2014

This is a repost of one I made exactly a year ago.


Special days in the lives of people we love is one thing the heart never forgets.

Today I remember a special day in the life of my dear son Ian. It is his 32nd birthday - a day of thanksgiving to the Lord for everything life has offered him. Good times as well as trying ones, high and low moments, joys and sorrows. All these are part of living and my son had his own share.


For all that you have achieved and for whatever you have become, I am so proud of you my son. To God be the glory!





down memory lane with ian


still inside my womb
you chose to be different
breech baby you were

a happy childhood
people so drawn by your charm
such a darling child

as early as twelve
martial arts took your fancy
my anxious moments


challenging school life 
the leader in you blossomed
bound for greater heights

swiftly flew the years
an engineer you became
at age twenty one

first job lost flavor
tour guiding a good option
a job you enjoyed

with dreams soaring high
teaching math you tried and loved
two years as colleagues

down the aisle you marched
one sunny july morning
april rose you wed

adorable twins
gave much color to my life
sons of my own son

soon you had to leave
a brighter future in sight
away from us all

for thirty-eight months
a life without family
persevere you did

long years of waiting
at last with loved ones again
hearts glowing with joy

with heaven's blessing
bloom wherever you're planted
be a shining star

three decades and two
wish you all the best in life
happy birthday son!

No comments:

Post a Comment