Friday, March 15, 2013

A few years back we had a dog who answered to the name Rakim. Rakim was a dachshund. Being one, he was short-legged but long-bodied and muscular. How I loved to stroke his head which carried a lovely pair of big, dangling ears. We had him only for a while - less than two years if I remember it right. One morning we were just shocked to find him laying stiff, his mouth bubbling. We theorized that he must have been bitten by a snake or a centipede while enjoying his sleep. Poor dog!

After Rakim's sudden death we never had another dog until just recently. For one thing, I didn't want to take the risk of my twin grandsons getting bitten. Then free from that risk, (my grandsons, with their mom, have joined my son in the U.S.) the idea of having another dog was more or less already welcome. 

One day last January a cousin on my hubby's side showed up at our gate with a box. Surprisingly, inside the box were two frail beings curled up in hunger  after a long trip from a town some 50 kilometers away. They've just found a new home away from their  mom and siblings. 

So, now we have not just one but two puppies to litter around the house. Hopefully before year end, we will have two mighty guards watching over our place.






so affectionate
chubby one hugs the other
pink flowers watching


oo0oo


across the front yard
puppies run around with glee
a leaf in each mouth


oo0oo


pleasantly tickled
two puppies hugging my legs 
makes me miss my twins


oo0oo

2 comments:

  1. hmmm.. i could almost feel the tickles.. and yes, the unintentional scratches on my legs...

    being puppies are the cutest thing that could happen to dogs... if only they'd stay that way longer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and being babies are the cutest thing that could happen to humans. if only babyhood could be extended. i wonder if moms would rejoice? as a granny i'd sure love that!

      thanks for dropping a comment!

      Delete