Thursday, March 14, 2013

Becoming a blogger never crossed my mind until twenty months after my retirement as a Math teacher. As I have expressed in my maiden post last February 1, it was the insistent prodding of a friend that gave birth to haiku lanes. To her I owe so much - the challenge, the inspiration, and her faith in me.

As a neophyte, with a very minimal exposure to blogs before, I sure went through days of doubt whether my blog will attract visitors. Seeing just a few friends visiting in the first week of its run was honestly weakening my guts. But as the days and weeks  moved on I saw the increasing figures in my stats. I felt more challenged to continue. Friends, kin, former students and associates, my friends' friends and kin and even unknown people from other countries. I draw inspiration from their visits. 

This morning as I was facing my dashboard to check my stats, an astounding fact captured my attention. It made my eyes open wide as in disbelief. Barely six weeks since I started haiku lanes, getting 173 pageviews in a day is just so overwhelming - 104 from my very own country and 69 from foreign shores. Could not suppress a wow ! It maybe such a small thing for seasoned bloggers; but, for one who is only six weeks in the blogging world, it's a whale lot!






makes you smile or frown
whatever they represent
numbers in one's life


oo0oo


inspiring numbers
pageviews on my stats today
i feel ten feet tall!


oo0oo



2 comments:

  1. why am I not surprised that you should blog about stats? But then again, that's typically you to do the unexpected and the spontaneous.
    and that what makes haiku lanes fresh..

    happy blogging, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. spontaneity in my favor dear friend. as the figures were swimming in my head, and with nothing yet in mind to post for the day, the idea of sharing my exhilaration just dawned on me. another good rescue!

    thank you for all the nice words!

    ReplyDelete