Tuesday, April 16, 2013






i drown my thoughts 


summer afternoon
soothing view of sea and sky
opens before me

the sun still way up
no room for hesitation 
sea so inviting


the tide has gone low
through shallow water i wade
barefoot...unafraid

 treading stones and weeds
slippery on my bare feet
i dance with the waves

reaching waist level
i take a dip and savor
cold sea on my skin

my eyes i stretch far
distant islands seem so near
mind argues with eyes

the blue sky above 
 with a scatter of white clouds
keeps me glued awhile

thoughts flash in my mind
happy...sad...even lonesome
i swim to drown them 

oo0oo

2 comments:

  1. even among crowd
    sunsets and dusks and twighlights
    speak of loneliness

    in the hush of night
    seagulls cry their plaintive tune
    gold wings take them home


    homeward bound egrets
    their wings catching the colors
    of the afterglow

    while thinking of you
    I watch the surf and the spray
    splashing on seawall

    I love the calm sea
    as it reflects and refracts
    the sunset above



    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for leaving five haiku poems as comment. truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete