Monday, April 15, 2013

Today marks a special event of history in the lives of  two persons here at home. A mother and a son! Three decades have gone by but I still remember that day - the last time I found myself in a delivery room. Yes, the day I brought into this world an adorable baby boy - my youngest son.

Looking back to all those years past when my three sons were just kids, I realize just how fast time has flown. I can't help but echo these lines: "Is this the little boy I carried ... I don't remember growing older...when did they?"  To those of you who have seen that musical drama film of the early seventies "Fiddler on the Roof",  the quoted words must sound so familiar.

The little boy I used to cradle in my arms is now a fully grown man. I await that day when this fully grown man will give me a baby of his own for me to savor once more the sweetness of being a granny. I so miss cradling a baby!

To my boy of yesterday,  may your heart  be filled with love from people around you. And may the good Lord shower you with special blessings - good health always, inner peace and joy, a fulfilling career, realization of your dreams. Stay close to Him everyday of your life. Wish you all the best today and for always.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN!!!




a birthday tribute to my son


three decades ago
mother and third beloved son 
last birth pain...first breath


my arms your cradle
my breasts your sweet spring of life
you don't remember


how swiftly time flies
my cute little boy of yore
now fully grown man


together...apart
our bond of love remains strong
forever my son 


guitar and organ
your favorite instruments
idle without you


today my heart shouts
a message filled with much love 
happy birthday son!


oo0oo

2 comments:

  1. such a tribute indeed!! thanks for sharing a glimpse of what the mom in you thinks and feels in prose and in haiku .... which made it doubly special.

    And happy birthday, Jan!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my joy and my pleasure dear friend! thanks too for dropping by and caring to comment.

    my son jan says thank you for the greeting!


    ReplyDelete