Saturday, May 18, 2013

In the late eighties to the early nineties Nintendo games were so popular.  With three sons in the family, our family computer then was barely given a chance to take a breath whenever they were around. On weekends they used to invite friends to come to our house to play. Video games gave them such fun!

Very seldom did I get the chance to play on the family computer during daytime. It was only in the silence of the night that I grab my time to take over the thing. I remember staying glued to a game even till the wee hours. Of course, these happened only on weekend nights when there were no pressures from my teaching job. Really so addictive! I can only laugh now at the reminiscence.

It tickles me to think that I am having this flashback. The trigger? The boat-shaped moon! Up in the evening sky it floated, poised like that famous gobbler in one of the highest-grossing video games of all time. The distant stars seemed like scattered pellets. Yes, my mind saw something else – Pacman! 






early evening sky
 smile of quarter moon tickles
happy memories

oo0oo

golden quarter moon
laughing at the distant stars
 pacman comes alive

2 comments:

  1. come to think of it, the quarter moon does look like pacman! ^_^


    so, you had your share of Pacman addiction.. hmmm


    ReplyDelete
  2. pacman with a wide mouth!i wonder if you too spent hours on this particular video game. if never, then i say...not your type!

    ReplyDelete